So the reason I headed out today was not just to enjoy the lovely sunshine but also to go buy some things for my.....BLOG GIVEAWAY! Hehehe yup I decided to do a blog giveaway and I'm really excited about it. Details in my next post!
As I've now got a job I've been dreaming about things that I can buy with my hard earned money :). I've been doing lots of online window shopping for inspiration. I especially love looking on lookbook and asian wholesale sites. While I've never purchased any clothes from an asian wholesaler, I absolutely adore browsing through the clothes and I find the clothes look amazing on the models. Also makes me want to lose some weight! These are pictures of things I like, want, and as inspiration for myself.
Praise the lawd for beauty shot. Seriously, I've been thinking that my photos have been turning out better than usual recently and it's because of this badass setting on my camera. I'm just using a standard 10.2 megapixel digital camera, the Samsung PL50, but the beauty shot mode smooths fine lines and blemishes and brightens your complexion. Who needs fancy lighting or Photoshop?!
- Pale concealer to highlight Tzone and under eyes
- Bronzer to contour sides of nose, temples and forehead
- Fill in eyebrows
- Pink blusher on cheeks
- Little bit of foundation mixed with little bit of light pink lipstick on the lips
- Thin kohl eyeliner applied around upper and lower lashlines with small outward horizontal flick
- Line upper and lower waterline
- Apply brown eyeshadow around eye just on top of kohl and blend with liner.
- Butt load of lash primer and mascara to upper and lower lashes
- I don't use straighteners, curlers, or blow dryers on a hot air setting . In fact, I left my blow dryer at my moms house, so now I just let my hair dry naturally; if I have somewhere to go and my hair needs washing, I allocate time for my hair to dry at home or wash my hair the night before. If I want to style my hair differently, I use heat-less methods such as velcro rollers for volume or soft curls, or use the hair band curl method.
- I try to wash my hair less, apparently you should only wash it twice a week to retain the hair's natural oils. I still wash it 3-4 times a week at the moment, but gradually I'm going to try to reduce it to 2. I know it sounds gross but if you wash your hair less, it is less prone to get greasy quickly.
- I only brush once once or twice a day. Too much brushing causes breakage. I will only brush when my hair is dry as the hair is more elastic while wet so breaks easier. I don't know what the best brush is or if such a thing exists, but I like to use a wide set brush with soft synthetic bristles. I've heard that tangle teezers are awesome but I don't own one yet. I also use my hands and stroke downwards instead of brushing if it needs a bit of smoothing out in the middle of the day.
- I try to avoid hair products containing a lot of alcohol. Hairspray is the biggest culprit here and I can't completely stop using it, but I definitely use less and in some cases replace hairspray with mousse. I'm also generally using less products so that I don't have to wash it as often.
I'd never stick to a particular shampoo or conditioner and I'd usually just grab any random bottle or brand when I went shopping. However, recently I've decided to stick to the same shampoo and conditioner suitable for my hair type. I'm on my second pair of bottles of Schwarzkopf Gliss Oil Nutritive Shampoo and Conditioner which are supposedly for longer hair prone to split ends. Now I know that there is no product which can actually repair split ends, only reduce their visibility temporarily, but I still think this is a very very good shampoo. And each bottle only cost 99p from the 99p store! The smell is absolutely amazing and I do think that this shampoo has strengthened my hair and put a lot of moisture back into the ends.